Job Id: 20200809036
Company: World Bank
Job Role: Accounting Officer
Experience: 8+ Years
Job Location: Chennai
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description World Bank Group Careers Tomorrow Walkins in Chennai Hiring For Accounting Officer in August 2020:
Accounts Receivable is responsible for managing receivables of staff and external organizations. This includes ensuring proper accounting controls over the entire process and adhering to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Duties & Accountabilities
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the work program, special projects and other adhoc requirements of Accounts Receivable team in Chennai.
• Serve as Team Lead, for overseeing the day-to-day global business process. activities. This includes developing the team’s work program in collaboration with the Senior Team Lead, monitoring workloads and directing activities of other team members, providing guidance on complex issues, identifying and implementing process improvements, managing client relations and service standards and serving as an escalation point as needed.
• Develop and maintain control risk framework documentation for SRS functions including control assessment and compliance testing activities.
• Provide thought leadership in formulating accounting/control procedures to address exceptional situations in SRS team and work with WFAPT counterparts to develop effective solutions.
• Serve as a functional expert with respect to complex transactional issues.
• Lead Chennai team to actively contribute and participate in the enhancement of SRS related accounting transactions in SAP and PeopleSoft, collaborate with HQ counterparts to enhance front end controls, develop test plans, and assign resources for user acceptance testing.
• Manage client relations and escalations.
• Review open items in suspense accounts and aging schedules for both staff and external receivables and ensure that amounts due to the Bank are collected promptly. Analyze monthly external revenues and respond to queries concerning these.
• Communicate with WFAPT and BPS on policy matters relating to reimbursable programs, cost sharing agreements, and with Benefits Administrations Unit of the Human Resource Services Group on policy matters relating to the financial assistance program and benefit over payments.
• Review monthly Trial Balance for Accounts Receivable team and provide sign-off for non- Quarter months.
• Provide inputs to senior staff to help optimize processing standards and productivity; identify and provide input to process improvement initiatives.
CA/CPA with a minimum of eight years of relevant experience, preferably with a multinational organization.
• Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, accounting controls over accounting processes and financial reporting operations; familiarity with generally accepted auditing standards in these areas.
• In-depth understanding of PeopleSoft systems and SAP modules, their control features and configuration capabilities/implementation at the Bank.
• Good hands–on experience in developing and reviewing internal accounting controls in an ERP environment (preferably SAP/ PeopleSoft), more particularly in the area of accounts receivables.
• Sound knowledge of accounting processes and procedures. It is essential that this experience be cross- functional and from a business process/user standpoint.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business process requirements and translate them into design specifications for process changes and automated solutions.
• Proven working experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams of accountants.
• Demonstrated strong judgmental/analytical skills and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with colleagues and various levels of client and staff.
• Excellent written communication skills and demonstrated ability to explain and express views clearly and confidently.
• Meet WFA Core Competencies at GF level