Job Id: 20210105011
Company: Volvo Group
Job Role: Cost Engineer
Experience: 10 Years
Qualification: B.E in Mechanical Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Volvo Group Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Bangalore for Cost Engineer in January 2021:
Your main responsibility will be to calculate part prices and tooling investments, both in new truck projects and as a support to today’s truck business. You will perform cost target setting and cost breakdowns of new and existing parts based on drawings or physical parts.
You will start early in the advanced engineering / concept selection phase, working intimately with engineering and design. You will follow the products thru the development phases and then actively support the targets you have set in the sourcing process.
Another part of Cost Engineering work is to support the change management process, calculating impact in tooling and product cost.
In this work it’s important to cooperate with many different parts of our organization such as buyers, engineers, project leaders, module managers and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Product Finance.
Profile: Senior Cost Engineer Sheet metal, tubing, welding and fixtures
• Specialist knowledge in the fields: Sheet metal, tubing, welding, fixtures and tool manufacturing. Knowledge in other fields such as casting, forging and machining etc. are considered to be a merit
• Engineer with a background of lean experience in the automotive industry or in the supply chain
• Knowledge in CAD, Costing tools and finance is an advantage
• Fluent in English
• High interpersonal skills
• Ability to drive projects independently
• Analytical mindset
• Team player with great communication skills
• Frequent travel as on when required.
• Cultural awareness