Job Id: 20200104005
Company: Unisys Corporation
Designation: Associate Systems Engineer
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
What success looks like in this role: Learns and applies software or systems engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, integration, qualification and/or support of products and tools within one or more limited but developing areas of expertise. Works as a member of a team under the direction of the project team leader, agile coach, or experienced engineer.
• Team member
• Learning processes and tools.
• Escalate issues as and when required.
• Learning an area or product. Rely on team for domain knowledge.
• Contribute towards team learning and efficiency as experience is gained.
• Receive task estimates typically from superviso+P3r/mentor with some input. Tasks are of limited number and duration. Capture actual efforts in status reports.
• Aware of requirements in area of defined tasks.
• Implement defined tasks. Implement simple features or test cases with assistance.
• Write/run tests in defined product areas. Document problems found.
• Execute prewritten tests. Document problems encountered. Participate on team responsible for system set-up and maintenance.
• Provide initial analysis of problems in defined areas. Assist in gathering information to assist in problem debug and resolution.
• Fix defects in defined areas of code. Fix simple problems with assistance. Create clear and accurate change/patch documentation. Review test cases for clarity and accuracy.
• Handle Contacts and UCFs in defined product areas with assistance. Expedite resolutions.
• Work effectively in virtual teams. Receive guidance from team members in any location.
• Participates in Innovation activities as part of a team.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
• Knowledge of Engineering Concepts
• Ability to work in a global team, with multiple stakeholders across functions, business units and geographical regions
• Ability to communicate task information with clients
• Team Player
• Computer Science/EE undergraduate degree required
• No experience required, Intern/COOP experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good command over English language.