Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration & engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
• Customer Support or Software Development experience in three or more of the following
o Cloud Application development or support experiences with PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Azure Batch, Mobile Apps, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
• Troubleshooting skills in Network and DNS
• Familiar with packet sniffers: Fiddler or Network Monitor/Message Analyzer