Support Engineer, Alexa Data Services
The Alexa Data Services team (ADS) is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo product.
The Support Engineer – ADS Technology is accountable for the supporting software systems for ADS. They should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. They will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. They will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. They should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to support and define solutions. They will work directly with our business teams to solve their support needs with the existing applications and collect requirements and ways to improve their processes. They will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the solutions they provide. They will closely work with our other technical teams to ensure the design is effective and complements our tools. This position also requires exceptional technical expertise, a great understanding of the Computer Science fundamentals, and experience building systems.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their technical abilities.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Have the ability to learn technical concepts quickly with a strong sense of urgency
2. Have enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
3. Be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about innovation and customer experience.
4. Have a diverse background in related AWS technologies.
5. Have strong written and oral communication skills
6. Can deal with ambiguity; work with minimum supervision.
· 2+ years of development or technical support experience
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
· Experience in Unix
· Experience scripting in modern program languages
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree based on Five or more years of work experience
· At least 2 years’ experience as Support Engineer with minimum 1 year as Developer
· Supporting implementations enterprise-wide Web Applications with different geographies.
· Good knowledge of IT Support processes and SLA management.
· Good knowledge of NoSQL and other databases.
· An understanding of computer networking fundamentals, Server and Database monitoring.
· Experience with enterprise-wide systems
· Experience influencing engineers best practices within your team
· Experience building and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
· A strong understanding of system performance and scaling
· Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
· A strong understanding of operating system internals, including network and storage subsystems
· Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
· Experience developing on Linux and using AWS services
· Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply for the Job