Software Engineer II
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
• Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
• May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
• May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
• In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
• Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Apply for the Job