Sr System Engineer I
An experienced contributor responsible for providing technical solutions to exceptionally difficult problems. As the second level of support, this position will address day-to-day customer issues, application issues, problems and concerns that are of a more detailed nature requiring analysis and research.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development and execution of product plans and releases and coordinate data center resources.
• Monitor production performance by performing benchmarking and research while initiating actions to improve results and/or problem correction.
• Assist engineers in monitoring system processes and resolving system abends.
• Assist in reviewing operations installation of new software released/updates into production.
• Generate external requested reports, files, and documentation to support problem resolution, billing issues, and new revenue generation.
• Generate internal reports to support future business opportunity as well as analyzing and giving problem resolution to the following departments: Product Management, Client Relations, and Sales.
• Provide input and feedback to Product Development in the form of TSG tickets to resolve customer problems, issues, and concerns that require production program changes.
• Develop and implement documentation and procedures to accurately monitor production applications on a daily basis.
• Daily interaction with customers, billing vendors and other clearinghouses to ensure issues are resolved within the commitment time.
• Identify, analyze and resolve tickets received from first level support.
• Review application processes and investigate failures.
• Act as customer advocate to ensure fixes and/or enhancements are added to releases.
• Review changes to documentation and prepare for support.
• Attend requirements gathering and design reviews to provide input.
• Provide internal training.
• Establish and conduct production test scenarios and document results.
• Consult with engineers/developers to resolve application problems if necessary.
• In-depth knowledge of reports/reporting tools.
• Language support for International Customers.
• Provide pager support for production on a 24 X 7 basis. 365 days/year.
The qualifications we are looking for are considered a mix of work experience and education.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years relevant professional experience in the areas of programming languages, Operating Systems, problem management, relational data bases or application support.
· Basic telecommunications and wireless industry knowledge.
· Working knowledge of IBM operating systems and products or equivalent of TSO. JCL, ISPF, File-Aid, NDM/FTP, Clist, ESP, and Express Delivery
· Exceptional customer service skills and demeanor, along with the innovative ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical clients.
· Excellent analytical, multitasking, and communication skills (both verbal and written), detail orientation and familiarity with testing and troubleshooting techniques.
· Strong prioritization skills in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good control and follow-up skills
· Good decision making skills
· Proactive Listening
· Ability to excel in a team environment is essential under limited supervision.
· Project time reporting.
· Identification of task and associated hours.
Apply for the Job