Senior Engineer – Mechanical Engineering
• BE/ME – Engineering Degree (Mechanical) with minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience
• Strong design and analytical problem solving skill
• Good Knowledge & experience of automotive electronic components design & development.
• Good understanding of electronics packaging techniques and suitable materials.
• Familiar with product development process & procedures of tier 1 suppliers.
• Proficient in basic CAD and CAE simulation tools to understand the drawings & simulation reports
• Must be self-driven, highly motivated and goals oriented.
Senior Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Leads design, development and implementation activities of automotive electronic components/products using approved engineering processes outlined by the BorgWarner Product engineering and Process Development procedure to develop world class products.
Leads in product development activities right from conceptualization, creating models, developing designs, testing methods, and validating the new products including development of patentable new technologies and non-disclosed trade secrets.
Leads in design, development and verification of new products to meet manufacturing requirements in order to design for cost, assembly, and ensure suitability of products.
Analysing customer requirements, identifying critical to quality parameters and implementing the same in the product development and meeting customer requirements.
Leads in problem solving through application of the engineering sciences of the respective discipline with good engineering judgment.
Leads in development and propagation of new technologies and processes that could revolutionize the manufacturing and leads to quality improvement.
Coordinate mechanical/process activities with global engineering & simulation teams to meet project requirements.
Provide technical support by working closely with global manufacturing teams during pilot runs / tests production start- up period and lead to flawless product launches.
Driving initiatives to always improve departmental Cost and Quality objectives.
Apply for the Job