Job Id: 20200417006
Job Role: Linux System Engineer
Experience: Relevant Experience
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description for Rackspace Vacancies Hiring for Linux System Engineer in April 2020:
As an Engineer, you will work with other System Engineers, SRE’s and Developers to ensure maximum performance, availability and product enhancements of our database services and infrastructure. Our Engineering position is someone who is familiar with both software, systems engineering and with a desire to build a world class service for customers.
• Own major portions of the product to help build the next feature and architecture.
• Design and architect operational solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, across data centers and cloud providers with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
• Design, and roll out cloud and physical network, storage, and system improvements to ensure redundancy, high availability, and security.
• Support and perform maintenance across product and data environments/systems
• Capacity planning and management for various services.
• Resolve bugs, performance problems, and other issues with production applications.
• Cross-train infrastructure team members in areas of expertise.
• Participate in on-call rotation duties.
• Elasticsearch experience is a must.
• Experience with Linux systems administration and tuning. Requires at least 7 years of Linux systems experience, including systems administration or engineering experience.
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Experience in one or more of: Python, Ruby, Go.
• Experience with automation tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Jenkins and/or Ansible.
• Understand and have implemented Docker and other container-based systems.
• Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality.
• Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Compute.)
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and remote teams.
• Experience using Prometheus and Grafana.
• Experience with cluster managers like Mesos or Kubernetes.
• You think of infrastructure and automation as code.