Job Id: 20200926031
Company: Qualcomm India Private Limited
Job Role: Senior Engineer, IT
Experience: 3+ Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Qualcomm Recruitment Job Vacancies for Senior IT Engineer in September 2020:
General Summary Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems. Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under some supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question.
• Most tasks require multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Deductive and inductive problem solving is required; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Troubleshoots and debugs issues with networks, systems, and/or applications by completing root cause analyses, and escalates issues both internally and externally as needed.
• Manages individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with minimal supervision.
• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill within and outside of domain of expertise.
• Adapts to significant changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines independently.
• Works on IT projects as assigned under the direction of upper level IT staff.
• Communicates with project lead via email and direct conversation to make recommendations about overcoming impending obstacles.
• Acts as a resource for less knowledgeable personnel.
• Serves as hotline support to resolve advanced system and/or application issues by interfacing with users and other IT Engineers to resolve issues.
• Determines which work tasks are most important for self and junior personnel, manages distractions, and independently deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Anticipates complex issues and discusses within and outside of project team to maintain open communication.
• Works directly with internal business partners to ensure new systems and/or applications operate according to user requirement specifications.
• Documents solutions and common processes.
• Monitors computer operating system and/or software application availability and performance by ensuring customers can access necessary systems and/or applications.
• Networks with colleagues within and outside of domain of expertise to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
• Contributes to technical conversations with tech leads/managers and brainstorms possible strategies for project completion.
IT Core Competencies
• Accountability – Hold one’s self and others accountable for measurable quality, timely and cost-effective results, and accepts responsibility for impacts to the business and changes to business processes.
• Adaptability – Adjusting own behaviors to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations and/or different environments.
• Collaboration – Fosters working together by establishing, communicating, and reinforcing shared values, norms, and objectives.
• Communication – The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders in addition to the ability to accurately hear and understand the partially expressed thoughts, feelings, and concerns of others.
• Financial Acumen – Ability to understand in-depth financial information that can be used to make meaningful insights to drive business growth in a safe and transparent environment.
• Influence – The ability to accomplish goals through others.
• People Development – Models and creates an environment that promotes career development.
• Strategic Focus – Applies a comprehensive approach using business acumen and industry research to solve systematic complexities that promote growth.