Job Id: 20200730001
Job Role: Engineer, Associate – MST
Experience: Relevant Experience
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Qualcomm Careers Tomorrow Walkins in Hyderabad Hiring For Engineer Associate in July 2020:
General Summary Tests and modifies general systems-level software/hardware, specialized utility and/or hardware. Interprets wireless specifications. Designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Documents systems-level defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to developers. Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents problems with program function, output, or content. Develops testing programs that assess effectiveness of a new system or modification of an existing system. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Limited problem solving required, generally in the nature of troubleshooting simple processes or technology. The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Collects basic information (e.g., logs, requirements) and identifies common errors related to systems testing.
• Conducts log analyses to identify where an issue has occurred.
• Discusses testing problems with manager and peers on a regular basis to maintain open communication.
• Communicates with tech leads on a project in order to verify the accuracy as well as adequate running time.
• Detects bugs in the “system under test” and resolves issues using basic debugging approaches.
• Escalates technical issues to more senior colleagues.
• Collaborates with individuals inside own team to complete project work.
IT Core Competencies N/A
Required Competencies (All competencies are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills – The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in simple to moderately complex data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships – The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication – The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different – The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision Making – The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Taking Initiative – The ability to attack work activities with drive and energy, understanding the impact of work on key metrics, and making decisions that are in the company’s best interest. This includes not being afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known, and driving value-added work tasks to completion.
• Relating Skills – The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people. This includes being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Systems Test Engineering – The ability to plan and design tests for proper integration of systems components and features, including knowledge of the system under test. This also includes the ability to perform cost/benefit analysis for types of testing to be employed versus potential systems errors, consult on approaches and tools for testing compatibility with other features, analyze test executions and results, implement improvements to testing process and tools, and provide time, effort, and resource estimates for thorough testing.
Additional Competencies N/A
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Preferred Qualifications N/A
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Apply for Qualcomm Careers Tomorrow Walkins in Hyderabad Hiring For Engineer Associate in July 2020:
Search in Google with below keywords
Qualcomm India Jobs
Qualcomm Careers India
Qualcomm Recruitment 2020
Qualcomm Walkins Interviews
Qualcomm job openings
Qualcomm job vacancy
apply for Qualcomm jobs
Qualcomm jobs for freshers