Job Id: 202009190017
Job Role: Staff Physical Design
Experience: 5+ Years
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Qualcomm Careers Job Vacancies for Staff Physical Design in September 2020:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops complex features and components of hardware designs in line with proposals or roadmaps for complex products; advises less experienced engineers working together on common testing and design tasks.
• Applies advanced design rules and processes for electronic hardware, equipment, and/or integrated circuitry independently; has a basic understanding of other domains.
• Reads device specification sheets and interprets complex details required to design various hardware features; provides guidance to less experienced engineers working with spec sheets.
• Identifies advanced ways to optimize tests and/or hardware designs by evaluating device performance over a wide range of operating conditions and configurations.
• Evaluates complex design features to identify potential flaws (electrical, mechanical, hardware), compatibility issues, and/or compliance issues; advises less experienced engineers on design evaluations.
• Documents complex details about materials, components, chipsets, and functionality for a device while being mindful of potential compatibility, safety, and compliance issues; assists less experienced engineers in their documentation of these details.
• Troubleshoots advanced issues with product designs and finds solutions that are documented and shared with internal teams working on similar products.
• Provides essential technical input, support, and documentation for internal customers; advises less experienced engineers on how to provide support for clients.
• Acts as a tech lead on mid-sized to large projects and owns the outcome of the project.
• Manages project-related activities (e.g., meetings, documentation, deliverables) between their team and other teams working on the same or similar products, operating across locations and time zones; brings the project to conclusion.
• Utilizes deep understanding of Qualcomm products to evaluate and test hardware designs and identify unique components or functions that could potentially be filed for IP patents; shares these findings with their manager.
• Displays deep knowledge in a specific area; acquires advanced knowledge of industry trends, competitor products, and advances in various engineering fields from publically available information; shares knowledge with others on team and helps less experienced engineers understand and apply advanced concepts.
• Conducts specialized analyses (e.g., feasibility studies, signal integrity, power integrity, teardown analyses) and reviews analyses conducted; provides guidance and feedback to junior engineers in the execution and interpretation of these analyses. Additional responsibilities may also include: Develops design implementation, analysis, methodology, flows, and automation for development and validation of System on Chip, electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, and packaging. Provides design solutions to evaluate, characterize and develop the design implementation solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes. Interfaces with various cross functional teams (RF, Analog and Digital IC designers, Software, System Engineering, Test Engineers, Customer Engineering, and Operations) to drive and incorporate the latest design solutions in the production program to improve yield, productivity, and quality.
IT Core Competencies N/A
Required Competencies (All competencies below are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills – The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships – The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication – The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different – The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
• 2+ years experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
• 2+ years experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software.
• 2+ years experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc.
• 1+ years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
Apply for Qualcomm Careers Job Vacancies for Staff Physical Design in September 2020: