Job Id: 20201108010
Job Role: Regional Compliance Officer
Experience: 5 Years
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, Criminal Justice, or other related discipline
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Qualcomm Bangalore Careers for Regional Compliance Officer in November 2020:
As a key member of the compliance organization, candidate will assist with day-to-day management and administration of the company’s internal ethics and compliance program. The candidate will also lead and support internal investigations to ensure that ethics and compliance concerns involving employees, suppliers and other third parties are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately remedied. This position will work cross-functionally with other groups including but not limited to legal, employee relations, internal audit, information security and risk management, and global security to foster a culture of integrity and oversee and enforce the requirements of the Company’s compliance program. The candidate will require strong analytical, organizational, and interviewing skills.
The Compliance Officer/Internal Ethics Investigator implements policies, procedure, and practices designed to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and leads compliance investigations. The position will implement training and communications programs to ensure that Company personnel are adequately trained on compliance policies, procedures, and overall program requirements. The position will be a member of the management team, will assist with region-wide compliance and investigative initiatives, and will ensure compliance program initiatives are implemented and championed across the regions.
Compliance Officer Role
• Work collaboratively with cross functional teams (Business, Legal, HR, Finance and Accounting, Internal Audit) to develop and implement compliance procedures that address the specific risks facing the business unit and ensuring personnel in compliance related roles are effective
• Advise senior management on issues concerning compliance and ethics matters, including recommending procedures and controls designed to ensure compliance
• Assist in conducting risk assessments to identify key risk areas, in order to develop auditing, monitoring and oversight procedures to ensure mitigation
• Implement corrective actions and monitoring in response to audit findings or other risks
• Support business activities in the region and review all contracts or other obligations for potential compliance risks.
• Implement policies, procedures and communications that encourage personnel and business partners to report compliance concerns without the fear of retaliation.
• Support third party vetting and reputational screening process for high-risk third-party engagements (sales distributors, sales resellers, public relations, event coordination, policy or advocacy consulting, etc.)
• Build local compliance capacity by providing advice and guidance to local compliance committee on the development of work plans and initiatives to strengthen the company’s global compliance program and the local control environment, in coordination with country leadership.
• Develop Lead quarterly compliance committee meetings
• Prepare monthly regional compliance reports for submission to the Chief Compliance Officer.
Internal Ethics Investigator Role
• Provide oversight for a wide range of ethics and compliance matters raised by employees or other third parties through the Company’s Global Ethics Hotline or other internal reporting channels
• Lead compliance investigations and support the internal investigation process, ensuring that issues and concerns are addressed in a comprehensive and timely manner
• Maintain complete, thorough, and accurate records relating to the Company’s investigations in the Company’s investigative database
• Actively participate in investigative strategy meetings and productively collaborate to ensure compliance investigative expectations are met
• Lead and document investigative interviews and provide case briefings at investigation status meetings
• Assist in reporting the results of internal investigations to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Company’s management
• Develop and track progress and ensure timely completion of appropriate remedial action plans (both discipline and process related)
• Work closely with the Ethics and Compliance team to analyze investigation trends and advise the Company on emerging risks Identify and utilize appropriate investigative tools, intelligence, and technologies to achieve maximum efficiencies and effectiveness
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on critical priorities
• Strong writing, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
• Outstanding analytical abilities and experience working with complex data
• Demonstrated attention to detail and tenacity in conducting investigative interviews
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete cases/projects in a timely manner
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration and an ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Integrity, professionalism and a keen understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work being performed is a must
• Validated knowledge and skills in conducting corporate investigations
• Understanding of compliance laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act and antitrust laws
• Ability to work effectively in a global environment and sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences and business customs around the globe;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
• Proficiency in using investigative case management and reporting software preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Human Resources, Criminal Justice, or other related discipline and
• Master’s degree or JD in a related discipline, A licensed attorney is a significant plus
• Strong preference for at least five to seven years’ experience in compliance, legal, accounting or audit role for a multi-national company
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supporting and conducting investigations in one or more of the following areas: ethics and compliance investigations, corporate investigations, or forensic accounting investigations