Job Id: 20200509003
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Software Engineering Specialist
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description for General Electric Off Campus Drive 2020 Freshers Hiring for Software Engineer in May 2020:
Responsible for Advanced Electricity Market Systems Application software development, testing, integration and tuning of assigned functions to meet corporate project/product commitments. The projects include developing market system features for Electric Utilities or ISOs (Independent System Operators) and Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
• Contribute to electricity market application development in the context of customer commercial projects and ensures related software deliveries are on schedule, within budget and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction expectations
• Promote and demonstrate best practices and high quality software development processes
• Writes documents for new project tasks, such as Design notes, testing procedures, etc.
• Provide effort estimates to Project Manager/Project Engineer for new project tasks
• Provide regular reports to the Market Optimization Team lead and Group Manager on status of their assigned tasks
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with thesis or related work in power systems. No experience required.
• Some work or academic experience in power systems.
• Experience with Electricity Market.
• Experience with Optimization/MIP.
• Experience with software development. (OOPS concepts and C++/Java Programming skills)
• Experience with testing and test automation is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Continuous improvement oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives
• Highly organized and efficient; able to balance competing priorities and execute accordingly
• Strong oral and written communication skills.