Job Id: 20201007018
Company: Moody’s Corporation
Job Role: Financial Data Analyst
Experience: 1-3 Years
Qualification: Graduation or Post-Graduation in Finance / Economics (Eco Hons, MBA, M. Com, etc.) or equivalent qualification; Economics background preferred
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Moody’s Corporation Job Vacancies for Financial Data Analyst in October 2020:
The Role / Responsibilities:
Financial Data Analysts have significant input to the ratings and research process by analyzing financial statements and data provided by Issuers.
• The FDA uses accounting and finance knowledge and judgment to perform financial statement analysis, adjust reported data per relevant methodology requirements and review and analyze ratios
• Perform analysis of various Macroeconomic indicators directly correlated with Sovereign ratings
• Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial statements, official statements and other documents related to issuers’ performance.
• Work directly with ratings and support analysts to explain the data, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research.
• Frequently liaise with analysts and accounting specialists in order to understand the application of accounting concepts on a particular entity.
• Create documentation and provide guidance to support analysts and outsourcers
• Review, adjust and publish data to external market participants.
In addition to regular daily responsibilities, FDAs will have the opportunity to work on new projects such as technology projects, accounting changes, analytic reviews, methodology updates and implementation of process improvements.
Regularly interact with Moody’s ratings analysts regarding financial and operational data needed for analysis and publications.
The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with Analysts as part of knowledge transfer and career growth.
The FDA position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry
Graduation or Post-Graduation in Finance / Economics (Eco Hons, MBA, M. Com, etc.) or equivalent qualification; Economics background preferred
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience required (can include internship experience).
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel, such as pivot tables, lookups, etc.
• Knowledge or prior experience in analyzing financial statements is required.
• Knowledge or prior experience in accounting is a plus.
• Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required.
• Language skills may be required for certain positions