Job Id: 20210222013
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Research Engineer – Aerodynamics
Experience: 4+ Years
Qualification: Mechanical Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description General Electric Careers Mechanical Engineering Jobs for Research Engineer in March 2021:
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Research engineer, you will:
• Apply your knowledge in the field of aerodynamics and unsteady CFD to develop creative solutions in complex systems such as aircraft engines, gas turbines, and wind turbines.
• Assesses multiple approaches to solve technical problems, solicits inputs, clearly explain proposed solution and execute it
• Be cognizant of business impact and learns GE business structure and products
• Collaborate with both GE product engineers and with GE Global Research team members on technical projects
• Work as part of a team executing on multi-generation technology programs to enable future design advancements
• Deliver on technical projects with set timelines with minimal mentorship to meet technical requirements and assure proper documentation of the same
• Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field or a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience
•Strong knowledge of aerodynamics, Unsteady CFD– fundamental concepts and applications – including direct experience with computational methods
• Experience in meshing & using engineering simulation tools (such as CFX or Fluent) to model turbomachinery flows.
• Fluency in basic programming using C, C++, ForTran, Python, Qt, MATLAB.
• Ability to investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical flow phenomena.
•Should be able to quote clear past examples for the following
1.creative thinking and implementation of ideas
2.application of rigorous design and analysis methodologies
•Good teaming skills and ability to work with wide range of technical teams and projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Experience in unsteady CFD – URANS and LES modelling
•Experience in detailed modeling of turbo-machinery systems, components and sub-components (airfoils, blade rows, etc.) using standard CFD software •Hands-on experience in turbine design (gas turbine/wind turbine) at various levels of fidelity (1D, 2D, 3D, steady and unsteady)
•Experience in performing design trade-off studies and design optimization