Mechanical Engineer – VAVE
Roles & Responsibilities
· Perform VAVE study and identify cost out opportunities which are quality neutral. Perform cost benefit analysis and finalize annualized savings for given project
· Execute cost out opportunity mining exercises within Mechanical domain by spend – pareto analysis, Should cost, competitor benchmarking, tear down etc.
· Smoothly interfaces to sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external suppliers, vendors and customers.
· Responsible for technical solutions and engineering specifications. Execute on standardizations of mechanical design process, optimizes and popularizes design best practice.
· Creates first applicable project plan/execution in system architecture strategy, engineering proposal as well as mechanical design, development, qualification, validation to ensure system level functionality, performance, safety and quality in line with the company product development process
· Ensures that assigned projects are delivered on-time, to specification, and at or below target cost by solid engineering plans, including quality, cost, schedule, and risk assessment. Reports on project progress.
· Approaches problems in a rational manner and with best in class tools to ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
· Continuously learns and grow technical depth and knowledge across product lines.
· Work with Regulatory Affairs team members to acquire the required product approvals such as, U.L., FDA, C.S.A. and European product certifications.
Candidate Educational & Professional Experience Requirement:
· Masters or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or related field or equivalent.
· 4 – 8 years’ experience with cost take out/VAVE project execution.
· Experience with cost take out/VAVE methodologies and Phase gate process
· Working knowledge on DFx (manufacturability, assembly, serviceability, safety, cost) to mechanical designs, knowledge in more than two of these specific areas: sheet metal, machining, plastic and die casting, well understanding of the related materials, processes and local supplier capability.
· Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and experienced with tolerance analysis.
· Hands on in using 3D CAD software tools to perform mechanical design, modeling, and detailing
· Demonstrated ability to drive solid engineering solution to complex problems using best in class tools, with deep understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Design of Experiment (DOE) and FMEA.
· Knowledge of design with electro-mechanical parts
· Strong knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
· Must have good communication skills to work globally and across functions
· Evident enthusiasm, adaptability, initiative, creativity, ownership and problem-solving skills
· Experience in Project Management is desirable
Skills & Experience
Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), DFX, Geometric Dimensioning And Tolerancing (GD&T)
Apply for the Job