Senior Engineer II – Lighting Design
Looking for an enthusiastic Lighting Design Engineer to support design and development of LED lighting products for Hubbell Lighting brands.
This role involves supporting New Product Design & Development of LED lighting products.
This full-time position, located in Hubbell India Technology center, Chennai and reports to Assistant Manager-Lighting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support New product design & development activities for LED Lighting Products
• Create Drawings based on ASME Y14.5M – 2009 standards and complete the projects on time.
• Create conceptual designs for various LED lighting products based on the application.
• Prototype drawing creation in a simple and fast way
• Provide cost reduction proposal.
• EC Documentation and processing
• Day to day interaction with team members when assigned for a group projects.
• Drawing quality check to ensure unparalleled quality.
• Interface with Sourcing team and vendors to ensure the quality of the proto parts in terms of technical support.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 yrs of experience in Design & Development of LED Lighting Products
• Should have working knowledge in Solid Edge (2019 Version Preferable). Knowledge in Solid works (2017 version) will be an added advantage.
• GD&T Techniques and application
• Knowledge on UL1598 and 8750 standards will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge on Manufacturing Techniques
• Knowledge on Sheet Metal & Material Selection.
• Tolerance Stack up Analysis.
• Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) & Lean Six sigma
• APQP, PPAP, DFMA, DFMEA, PLM, PDM
• Mathematical Skills, Reasoning Ability
• High level business communication (Internal/External)
• Innovative thinking
• Problem solving ability with suitable solution.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Apply for the Job