Job Id: 20200212010
Job Role: Graduate Mechanical Engineer – UK Water
Experience: 3 Years
Qualification: Mechanical Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description for Arcadis Careers Recruitment Drive Hiring for Graduate Mechanical Engineer in February 2020:
Production of engineering designs, BIM models and drawings for selected projects (or components of projects) for Water team in the following fields,
• Water and Wastewater Treatment plants,
• Pumping stations and other related structures,
• Water and wastewater conveyance systems,
• Drainage systems,
• Flood protection facilities,
• Hydraulic design related to above including hydraulic calculations
• Surge analysis and pipeline surge mitigation preferable
• Liaising with and assisting Senior Engineers and BIM team.
• Reviewing work deliverables, including interdisciplinary checks
• Adhere to the schedule and quality requirements.
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
• Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines to mitigate design challenges.
• Design Health & Safety management for the project works.
• Follow design standards and development procedures.
• Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
• Prepare own discipline design.
• Prepare own discipline BIM model and/or content.
• High level of communication and good writing skills.
• Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate design documentation.
• Knowledge of BIM tools such as Revit, Autodesk Civil 3D, Navisworks Manage, BIM 360, etc. will be preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office.
• General understanding of interoperability between software used to accomplish own discipline tasks.
• Sound technical knowledge, academically good.
• Familiarity with British codes, design/drawing standards and practices related to Mechanical/ water utility modelling and drawing production would be an added advantage.
• Awareness of software used for BIM modelling.
• A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working under pressure and learn new skills quickly.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• This role provides Design or redesign complex project components, models and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from Group Leader.
• Produce BIM models and drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
• Keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments.
• Liaison with other team members to produce good design solution as per best design practice
• Master’s/ Bachelor’s in Mechanical from a recognized University.
• Upto 3 years of experience.
•Registered or accredited professional or working towards the same.