ENGINEER-APP HIL VALIDATION ENGINEER
JOB PURPOSE: As an Engineer for Advanced Powertrain, LPSD India team, you will have opportunities to contribute on complex projects via development and HIL testing and validation for microgrid controls, energy storage systems and other alternative power sources. This will involve utilizing world class microgrid models and evaluate software for using HIL benches. This role directly impacts Caterpillar’s current and future microgrid products being developed in an R&D environment.
JOB DUTIES: The Engineer may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, with Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to,
– Perform Black box testing and White box testing using simulators like dSPACE, Opal-RT,etc
– Executing microgrid controls simulation work using MATLAB/Simulink tools
– Develop test plans from software requirements and specifications
– Create test plans and develop automation scripts using Python and other tools
– Perform complex analysis, identify, and solve challenging microgrid problems
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following: perform needs analysis and initiate ideas; evaluate new products, processes, or systems; communicate results to team members, and other business units; contribute to the design of new products and processes; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering, with ~6 years’ experience with HIL testing, Controls development, or simulation. Experience in plant model integration using tools like Matlab/Simulink, GT-Power, Vector Canape, etc. Experience and knowledge with engine / power electronics level validation using Control Desk and Automation Desk
Apply for the Job