FinOps Manager – AP
The successful candidate will be a member of the Global Finance Operations and will be responsible for vendor experience and complex issue management.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Leading and developing a team of AP Specialists across payable process for Amazon Music
2. Performs autonomously, initiates, and manages complex, departmental, and/or cross- company work
3. Present monthly update to Marketing/ Finance leadership on the health status of various processes
4. Expected to set and improve policies and procedures, maintaining full compliance, implementing best practices.
5. Drive development and expansion of systems and processes required to execute on-time payments to Vendors
6. Drive the expansion of self-service functionality in order to improve vendor experience and reduce manual processes
7. Onboard vendors on-behalf of Marketing team through Payee Central (PC) or manually (for Non-PC vendors) and resolve queries during onboarding process
8. Support marketing team to raise PO in Coupa, add funds to existing PO
9. Pro-actively monitor aged accruals and reach out to supplier directly for outstanding invoices. Provide monthly update to Finance on the status of aged accruals
10. Work with Finance/Marketing team on PO closure Work with vendor and internal teams to resolve complex issues pertaining to withholding tax, early payment requests, IN import payments, etc.
11. Support Finance and other controllership teams on regular process audits, and ensure compliance with defined SOPs
1. Working actively and accurately on an independent basis; giving great attention to detail and displaying the initiative to quickly identify and resolve variances, failures and discrepancies
2. Interacting with Operations, Business Partnering & Finance teams on root cause analysis, updating SOPs, communication and backward planning.
3. Work with global stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and help drive the same. This would include driving a culture of continuous improvement through quality initiatives like Lean & Six Sigma
The ideal candidate will be experienced in finance role with an understanding of finance operations and will have experience in relationship management. He/she will have problem solving skills with the focus on improving the processes and strengthening the relationships with the vendors. The ideal candidate should have action-driven personality and motivation to proactively address any issues on vendor’s account and identify areas for improvement. Additional traits we are looking for are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organizational skills and ability to assess and manage risk.
· Bachelors/Masters (MBA/M.Com) with 8-10 years of post-qualification experience in Finance operations/Shared Services
· Past experience in vendor management in large multinational organizations, preferably with Music industry exposure
· Past experience in effectively managing groups of associates.
· Experience of working in customer focused teams/ processes (both Internal / External)
· Strong articulation skills – written and verbal
· Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and Coupa (Preferred)
· Exhibits high bias for action and understands controllership requirements
· Bachelors/Masters (MBA/M.Com) with 8-10 years of post-qualification experience in Finance operations/Shared Services, Accounts Payable, P2P.
· Past experience in AP operations in large multi-national organizations is a must.
· Strong Customer focus (both Internal / External).
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
· Expertise in Six Sigma defect reduction techniques (DMAIC, etc.)
· Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)
Apply for the Job