Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers (FCs). Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
• Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
• Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed……innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS:
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Continual standing and/or walking
• Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, not air-conditioned
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
· Degree in Engineering from a reputed university
· MBA degree (preferable)
· Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs
· 3-4 years of relevant experience
· You’re an excellent communicator with fluent English (both verbal and written); you’re also able to liaise confidently with varying levels of seniority in a large organisation.
· You’re willing and able to work flexible shifts, including night-time, out of hours, and weekend shifts.
· A flexible outlook and approach: you’re prepared to relocate, in order to meet business demands.
· Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
· A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
· Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills
· Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
· Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
· Direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
Apply for the Job