Analyst – Internal Reporting
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
• We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
• If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The role holder will be responsible for areas including month-end close, Segment and product reporting. The role holder will undertake tasks that cross SBU / Cluster within Barclays Payments and will produce regular analysis of key business issues to support the delivery of business strategy and performance.
Responsible for enhancing existing processes, reporting and controls whilst ensuring the flawless execution of BAU. Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions across SBU’s where possible.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for timely and accurate closure of financial books for Barclays Payments and ensure adherence to SLAs
• Production of the local and SBU monthly reporting including provision of supporting analysis and insight into key performance drivers, business risks and opportunities and decision support to senior management.
• Preparation of variance analysis; ensuring a sufficient level of understanding of the key issues driving financial performance
• Own and be responsible for queries raised on all output/deliverables
• Supporting ad-hoc requests ensuring that we meet high standards to provide a timely response to all queries
• Ensure strong processes are in place with strong control environment, adhere timeline in order to deliver accurate information in a timely manner and to the highest standards, allowing time for review by line manager and finance management
• Assist in development of internal reporting suite and MI using excel and advanced Dashboarding tools
• Adhere to all the IR Controls and develop and implement robust controls mechanism in all processes managed
• Review and update Procedures, Terms of Reference and Delivery Lists for each report in the Service Catalogue
What we’re looking for:
• Commercial and Financial acumen
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Understanding of value based management techniques
• Problem solving, analytical skills and financial analysis
• Proven influencing, relationship building and communication skills with senior stakeholder management
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Accounting qualification, MBA or similar
• Experience of card or financial services
• Broad business and industry knowledge and experience
Apply for the Job