Corporate Treasury is mainly responsible for Liquidity and Cash Management of the business. This means that all current and projected cash inflows and outflows must be monitored to ensure that there is sufficient cash to fund company operations, as well as to ensure that excess cash is properly invested. While accomplishing this mission, the treasurer must engage in considerable prudence to ensure that existing assets are safeguarded through the use of safe forms of investment and hedging activities. Key Business activities include back office and middle office operations related to securities, derivatives, currencies (FX) and Money Market products.
The Corporate Treasury Finance team is part of the CFO organization. The primary focus of the team is providing various financial and accounting services in support of the Corporate Treasury group pertaining to forecasting/stress testing, daily P&L attribution, management reporting/analysis and funds transfer pricing. We are looking to recruit an individual to work in the P&L production area covering the Treasury/Fixed Income/FX trading desks. The candidate’s main responsibility will be to produce and deliver the daily P&L to front office, providing a high standard of analysis and explanation around any issues faced and daily revenue drivers. The candidate will therefore have considerable interaction with the respective Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Trade Capture teams so good communication and time management skills are an essential requirement for this job.
Primary products covered will include: Money Market, Bonds and FX
• Production and reporting of daily P&L to Front Office & Senior Management.
• Reconcile actual P&L with trader estimates and provide flash/actual variance analysis.
• Working closely with the trading desks on position, P&L or other issues on an ad-hoc basis.
• Front-to-Back analysis & reconciliations of front office P&L and balance sheet to firm sub-ledgers,
• Assist with execution of month-end controls ensuring management vs financial P&L variances are within thresholds
• Analyze traders’ risk positions and understand and apply the Greeks (Delta, Vega Gamma) vs daily market moves.
• Would be typical own set of books/cost centre and Business Units
• Liaise with various business partners such as Technology, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operations and Finance to resolve issues / queries.
• Development & continuous improvement of existing processes & workflow.
• Testing / UAT for systems work ranging from minor system releases to major system implementations.
• Remediation of issues in an autonomous yet timely manner considering the principles of control and the need to mitigate operational risk.
Graduate/ Post Graduate (MBA – Finance or equivalent) / CA
Certifications If Any
Certifications including FRM, CFA etc if any would be added advantage
5 – 7 years in Finance Domain with atleast 4-5 years with Product Control
• Candidate should have a keen interest in the Fixed Income product set with a good understanding of the products used (see above) and their pricing
• Understanding of IFRS9 Product Account including AFS, MTM etc
• Understanding of Trade Life Cycle, Cash Flows, trade economics
• Understanding of daily PnL reporting, MTM/Attribute analysis, PnL commentary
• Good working understanding of Excel is a must; ability to troubleshoot spreadsheet issues is also critical
• The right individual will have strong people skills and can multi-task to manage the challenges of Middle Office processes yet have the awareness to escalate potential issues to their supervisor in a timely manner
• Candidate must have a proven track record of communicating effectively with personnel from various areas within an organization and at different management levels
• Must be proactive and be a highly-motivated self-starter. Reactive and/or passive individuals need not apply
• Mentor junior team members to help them grow and conduct strong oversight over all workflow & issues
• Knowledge of financial instruments such as Repo, deposits, derivative products etc.
• Advanced education and/or enhanced technical qualifications are a plus
• It would be advantageous if the individual has prior experience in on-shoring Finance, Middle Office or Operational workflow and implementing procedures and controls
• Ability to use Access or VBA would enhance the candidate’s attractiveness significantly