Job Id: 20210114012
Job Role: Store design specialist
Experience: 5 Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Ikea Careers Bangalore for Store Design Specialist in January 2021:
As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people as well as motivated by leading and developing people.
For this role we believe you have Min 5 year’s experience in site feasibility and design of large-scale projects (preferably around 10.000-25,000m2). Experience in Design and Execution of Mixed-Use Development, Shopping Centre and Retail Stores is preferred. A strong understanding of the IKEA Concept and supporting manuals. Master/Bachelor in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent. Good knowledge/understanding of Local Building Code and National Building Code. Computer literacy in AutoCAD, office applications, Adobe creative suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
IKEA VISION is to create a better everyday life for the many people. To realize this VISION, as a part of IKEA India Retail Expansion, the Store Design Specialist plays a key role in leading the Design Process with IKEA Architects for projects set out in the business plan enabling IKEA to grow. The responsibility is to lead the Store Design Process – from supporting real estate and the business with feasibility studies during site and location search, lead architects to the delivery of the actual design from Concept design and Schematic design and to support the construction design process (developed and technical design).
• Responsible for securing the optimized planning of IKEA stores from the first ideas till readiness of developed design drawings to create a solid foundation for a well-functioning and profitable IKEA business through the sales channel IKEA store.
• Store design specialist will support site selection and acquisition process with feasibility and site evaluations and support in capturing and evaluating relevant input from consultants in traffic and zonal due diligences.
• Store design specialist shall be responsible for obtaining design requirements from functions such as retail and commercial, safety and security, facilities, real estate and construction, people and culture (HR) and other key stakeholders to keep the design on track with the requirements in a structured and documented manor.
• Communicate and coordinate the input with the retail architects or design leaders and lead the design process accordingly.
• Be part of project teams representing the design and retail.
• Support in the handover process to commercial planning.
• Contributes with the design work for Store In Shape As New SISAN investments which impact the store architecture.
• Obtain key stakeholders project support in the Store design forum by placing and presenting the store design at completion of main stages and other key development steps.
• Create and develop wayfinding programs and exterior visual store identity.
• She/He should be creative in coming up with solutions and analytical in thinking. Her/his strengths shall be in the area of Design with IKEA customer always in focus, leadership and coordination.