Job Id: 20201002007
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Technical Writer, Process Documentation
Experience: 3 Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description General Electric Recruitment Job Vacancies for Technical Writer in October 2020:
Manufacturing Process Documentation provides standardized work instructions and related documents for production to all factories worldwide ensuring process quality and standardized production around the world.
• Creation and maintenance of Process work instructions
• Manage and incorporate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) into production documentation
• Maintain manufacturing process documentation templates (standardization for creating new blades)
• Help provide support and coaching to other departments on documentation format, language standards and general documentation guidance
• Maintain accurate records and status of engineering changes using team Teamcenter and Sharepoint dashboard created specifically for the manufacturing process documentation team
You will work together with other internal stakeholders, such as process Engineering team, Materials and Process, Product Engineering, Sales and Marketing/customers, New Product Development and Production.
We expect that you have a background as a technical writer or equivalent work experience.
You have minimum 3 years’ experience within technical writing, as well as you have experience within manufacturing or manufacturing engineering. Experience with documentation (work instructions, technical manual or equivalent) as well as Bill of Materials is required. It will be an advantage if you are knowledgeable within quality control.
It is a requirement that you understand general manufacturing processes, drawings, tooling (standard and non-standard) and have a technical background.
In addition, you have super-user skills within Word and Excel. It is an advantage if you are familiar with AutoCAD LT, and NX Unigraphics, but it is not a requirement.
You have a high level of English, both written and verbal skills are critical.
As a person, you have really good communication skills, you can co-operate with colleagues at all levels and across cultures. You are self-driven, and you work in a structured way and complete tasks independently on time.