Job Id: 20201002005
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Technical Lead-Product Definition
Experience: Relevant Experience
Qualification: Mechanical Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description General Electric Careers Job Vacancies for Mechanical Engineer in October 2020:
The Technical Lead operates as a technical responsible for the assigned team and as individual contributor for deliverable meeting customer and project needs. In this role you will work within Product Design & Eng function by interfacing with other business functional teams to deliver wind turbine blade component designs & documentation. This role will utilize your expertise to mentor and train team members while participating in department and business wide continuous improvement initiatives.
• The Technical Lead is fully responsible for the assigned product Definition activities. This includes development and implementation of the detailed design/Technical documentation as a part of a ‘complete package’ in Regions and relevant group functions, including specification of needed equipment and verification of design during production.
• Create part definitions, CAD models, assemblies, drawings, BOM, Technical documents & specifications.
• Lead the discussions with component owners & project managers to understand the scope of the activities and contribute to design concepts.
• Pro-actively interact with cross functional teams (sourcing, manufacturing etc.) to incorporate all the requirements/inputs in to product design.
• Thoroughly understand the project execution scope, manage the project priorities, timelines and ensure quality of the deliverables via KPIs.
• Self-directing environment with complete end to end project ownership
• Lead productivity and process enhancement initiatives
• Effectively communicate and document results for internal and external customers
• Contribute towards Product cost out and Intellectual property creation
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering standards and procedures
• Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
• Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews.
• Product Lifecycle management of Bill of Materials (BOM) & ECR, ECO affected item completeness based on instruction.
• Open to domestic/ International Travels for business requirements atleast 20% of the time.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
·• Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7-12 years experience.
• Sound expertise in CAD skills: 3D solid modeling, Surface modeling, Assembly & drafting
• Good experience in modelling of Composite structures & sound knowledge on composites.
• Good experience & sound expertise in UG NX, AutoCAD, Catia and Enovia / Teamcenter tools.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in NX cad tool is desirable.
• Knowledge on Technical Documentation and product data(ECR) management is desirable
Sound Expertise in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) practices
• Good understanding on Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) systems and Knowledge on PLM tools.
• Experience with New product development processes, Blade experience of Wind Domain is preferred.
• Prepare product specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instruction. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
• Structured way of approach & attention to technical details
• Exposure to wind turbine blade manufacturing processes
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Exposure to Global working environment.
• Strong communicator within a project team and towards other departments and plants.
• Able to assist colleagues in daily tasks and mentor new engineers.
• Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
• Establish himself as “go-to person with know-how and know-why.