Job Id: 20201002009
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Technical leader – Power Electronic Engineer
Experience: 8-12 Years
Qualification: Bachelor or Master Degree in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description General Electric Careers Job Vacancies for Electronics / Electrical Engineer in October 2020:
This Technical leader -Power electronic engineer is primarily responsible for leading the NPI design and maintenance of existing product configuration for the EX2100e and LS2100e . He will work with product manager and understand product / project specifications and realize requirements to design using calculations, modeling and simulations.In addition, this role requires close collaboration with internal & external customers, on-time quality execution & strong customer focused mindset.
• Design and development of power electronics (Thyristors converters) to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability, material
and cost guidelines
• Prepare & validate Design documents – Configurations, principles of operation, application guidelines, specifications, BOM, SLD & drawings as per requirement.
• Specification of key power electronics components and datasheet analysis of parts, considering lead time, availability, price, alternatives and qualify the
components to meet specifications
• Running power electronics (SCR devices) design simulations in Matlab-Simulink, PLECS or Saber or in a similar simulation tool
• Verify functional performance of prototype hardware under all specified operating conditions.
• Support Manufacturing of equipment at Factory / Vendor facility
• Document functional test requirements and conduct test according to applicable standards (UL/IEC etc.…) .
• Coordinate with Lead Engineer, firmware designers on product / project execution on a continuous basis.
• Provide technical guidance to the team members and developers .
• Pro-actively collaborate with the commercial and ITO teams to drive successful & smooth OTR execution of Controls solutions.
• Support Customer issue resolutions / RCA.
• Lead in Product cost initiative and customer issue Resolutions (RCA).
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
8-12 years of Power electronics design & testing expertise for industrial drives and its related components (power / Oil & Gas / renewables Process Industrial
• experience/knowledge in Electrical design / Simulation tools like AUTOCAD / E-Plan and MATLAB/Simulink
• In-depth knowledge of motors /drive control Systems.
• Knowledge or understanding of medium power and medium voltage design and control issues
• Experience in the area of power electronics control and protection coordination studies
• Knowledge of IEC/EN Standards and how they apply to designs
• Experience in Testing the power electronics SCR devises in the laboratory within the specifications (snappy behavior tests, heat run tests etc.)
• Proven technical report writing skills and keen to progress your career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting
• Ability to undertake technical reviews of technology with engineering experts
• Proven ability to lead and coordinate the team across the globe
•Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrixed environment.