Our DevOps Engineer plays a critical role in our success. Successful candidates will possess a high degree of self-management, personal accountability, strong communication and business acumen. This candidate will have a proven track record of automating operational infrastructures. This position is responsible for the overall administration and cost efficiency of our cloud environment.
• Work with team to plan, design and deploy new cloud technologies
• Create, Maintain , and Enhance Automated Product Deployments
• Develop, Modify, Support and maintain AWS based components through Infrastructure as Code and automation
• Design and implement cost control strategies.
• Enhance availability and incident management by implementing self healing of solutions based on alerts
• Continuously improve the monitoring and alerting capabilities, enabling us to be proactive instead of reactive
• Support day to day operations , measuring , monitoring and troubleshooting
• Participate in on-call rotation with mindset of automating and improving
• Design and maintain Custom monitoring dashboards for DEV/OPS/Support
• Create and maintain Cloud Operations processes and procedures
• Enhance our fault tolerance and high availability strategy
• Enhance cloud elasticity through automatic provisioning and destruction of services based on demand.
• Collaborate with our product development teams to engineer creative solutions or solve complex challenges.
• Responsible for creating processes and training engineers on common cloud administration tasks
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, and across all levels of the organization
• Explaining issues and presenting a clear cloud strategy across e-Builder
• Leading roadmap discussions with regards to the cloud in conjunction with the development and QA teams
Your goals will include:
• Meeting and achieving goals for Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and Operating Level Agreements
• Maintaining high levels of system uptime
• Increasing the percentage of monitoring detected service disruptions
• Creating, Defining, Managing, Tracking and Improving processes to ensure effective services are being provided
• 5+ year of experience working within AWS
• 5+ years of experience with monitoring solutions (DataDog, Nagios, Newrelic)
• 10+ years of experience in the IT field
• 10+ Years of experience supporting Microsoft stack of technologies including SQL Server and Windows
• 7+ Years of experience supporting gnu/linux OS
• Proficient with container technologies, like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS.
• Strong scripting experience , preference for Python, Bash , PowerShell…
• Must have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills (over the majority of ISO/OSI).
• Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, Jenkins
• Proficient with configuration management and provisioning tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible, Terraform
• Proficient knowledge in networking technologies & Cloud specific Network assets
• Ability and flexibility to be on-call for escalations and support, migration and deployments
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience or familiarity with Security Certifications such as PCI, SOC2, ISO 27001, FISMA/FedRAMP and HIPAA a plus
• Any AWS certifications
• Familiarity with ITIL is a plus
• Database experience (SQL, NoSQL) is a plus
• Exposure to SRE is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field.
Apply for the Job