Job Id: 20201030008
Job Role: Lead Engineer – Data Engineering
Experience: 6-8 years of experience in the field of data structures, building and managing data lakes
Job Location: Hyderabad
Salary: Not Mentioned
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Pepsico Careers Job Vacancies for Data Engineer in October 2020:
In this role, you will play a key role in advancing PFNA data solutions & capabilities. You will execute data-related initiatives in one or more functional domains (finance, sales, marketing, supply chain) that take raw data and transform it into actionable insights.
You will be a hands-on player that moves data from raw source systems to our PFNA integrated data fabric, and then makes it accessible for business users to explore. You will be responsible for building data systems and pipelines to feed into prescriptive and predictive modeling initiatives by establishing and enhancing processes around data capture, storage, accessibility, transformation and reliability.
You will work with PFNA IT and business professionals across multiple functions to drive and support the PFNA transformation to an insights-driven culture. You will identify opportunities for more streamlined and automated approaches to solve business problems with data/digital solutions and advocate for their adoption.
You will help manage and mentor other PFNA IT associates working in the data & digital space in support of the above goals.
• Collect, structure, analyze, organize and maintain RAW data from various data sources needed for creating predictive models in structured databases in order to ensure faster model building
• Design, build and codify data structures in efficient way to periodically feed in raw data from various internal and external sources and also manage and house model outputs for quick input to businesses;
• Build data systems and pipelines as per business needs and objectives, in this case prepare data to feed specifically to MMM and media measurement models or any descriptive or prescriptive analysis
• Actively scout new partnerships, concepts, and technologies that can be scaled across portfolio
• Promote data consistency globally to support common standards and analytics
• This role directly feeds into data science stream and needs liasoning with IT
• Partner with PepsiCo functional teams, agencies and third parties to build seamless process for acquiring, tagging, cataloging and managing all media, Nielsen and internal data periodically in structured format as needed for measurement statistical models
• Establish periodic data verification processes to ensure data accuracy
• Engage in R&D to try new data streaming and housing techniques to ensure faster and better answers to business problems
• Build new technologies and algorithms to optimize any business process around creation and maintenance of databases/data lakes running of batch processes for data updation
• Use large data sets to resolve major business and functional issues whisle improving data reliability, efficiency and quality
• Optimize processes implementing new technology and automations
• Past experience in data engineering teams in consulting or other industries. CPG industry experience a plus.
• Experience in relational databases as well as unstructured data streams
• 5+ years of Python or Java development experience,
• Hands-on experience in SQL database design
• Experience with multiple data technologies and concepts such as Hive, Spark, SQL, Kafka, Sqoop, Infoworks, along with traditional relational database technologies such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, etc
• Experience with data lake ETL & query technologies such as Denodo, Presto, Databricks
• 5+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
• Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
• Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
• Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility
• Knowledge of predictive modeling, machine-learning tools and techniques
• Educational Background- BE/B TECH/ MS in computer science or related technical field
• Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus
• Provides training and mentoring to less experienced team members
• Provides constructive feedback to managers and supervisors
• Positively influence immediate team members, including contract resources
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and handle unforeseen requirements effectively with limited assistance for prioritization.
• Assists lower level employees with resolving unforeseen requirements. Leading and setting team priorities.
• Strong understanding of data, systems and end to end data processes within functional area.