As a Steelwork Engineer, you are responsible for the correct Steelwork Solution during the Sales Phase and continue this responsibility throughout the Execution Phase. Within your role as Steelwork Engineer, you are required to challenge the project team, but also other departments or external suppliers, to come up with the sharpest technical and commercial proposals. This is important, as the Steelwork scope is a critical part of any Airport or Parcel Solution. You will be coordinating the complete technical steelwork solution, as well as focusing on cost, quality, and results. You need to be able to plan and prioritize these tasks over various projects. Your strength will be in monitoring the different projects, so that you have a good overview of the Steelwork scope, without working out all the details yourself. You need to have the ability to delegate specific tasks to other members of the project team or external suppliers.
The department you will be working in, focusses on the development of the Airports and Parcel segment in the NEME region (Northern Europe & Middle East). Furthermore, your department supports our other Customer Centres globally on the disciplines Sales Layout Engineering, Sales Engineering, Sales Consultancy and Steelwork Engineering. To accommodate a successful growth and to prepare for future readiness, we are looking for a Steelwork Engineer to strengthen our Steelwork Competence Team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Independently construct steel structures for supporting and maintaining Material Handling Systems.
• Determine how to connect steel structures to (existing) building structures.
• Determine and handover technically sound and cost-conscious solutions and alternatives for the steelwork design.
• Calculating and dimensioning of steel structures.
• Budgeting of quantities and creating cost calculations.
• Collect and summarize all relevant technical information (local regulations, norms, earthquake risks, etc.).
• Act as the to go person to assist projects how to construct the steel structures.
• Lead internal or external (Sales) Layout Engineers in creating the steelwork drawings.
• Watch that quality of the actual steelwork product is according to specifications.
• Report to the project leads in both the Sales as Execution Phase.
• Ability to switch between a high level of details and a rough general overview.
• Ability to spread your time over various projects, running in various stages.
• Good listener and communicator, creative and driven to win.
• Problem solving ability / attitude.
• Able to develop a strategy for Steelwork and translate this into actions.
• Delivers, right quality, on time and being self-propelling.
• Team player and have the ability to take the lead in a team or with a supplier.
• Able to work in a dynamic work environment.
• Pro-active instead of reactive, searches for information instead of waiting.
• Takes ownership and responsibilities of your projects.
• Ability to coach others.
• Willing to travel.
Education and Experience:
• B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
• Good knowledge in CAD software (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Tekla, Revit, BIM, etc.).
• Good knowledge in calculation software for Steelwork (Technosoft, Scia, etc.).
• Is proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent in English language, both verbally and in writing.
• Familiar with European, British or American codes and standards.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in designing Steelwork.
Apply for the Job