Job Id: 20210122009
Job Role: Cloud Software Engineer- Java or Scala
Experience: 10+ Years
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Cisco Careers Job Vacancy for Cloud Software Engineer Java or Scala in January 2021:
· As a senior lead, you’ll be driving the engineering of hybrid application team to produce a solid interfaces and APIs using languages like Java, Scala, Node JS etc.
· You will own the quality and functionality of your code from concept to production release; from release and beyond you will share the support burden with your colleagues to ensure a quality experience worthy of the Cisco brand and the customer’s trust.
· You will work with product and engineering colleagues to define, design and deploy software that surpasses our customer’s expectations and business unit’s commercial objectives. By driving design and code reviews you will set the standards upon which your team will make this possible.
· You will define and provide APIs and interfaces for other teams to depend on for engaging with your services; you will provide a reliable means of versioning and maintaining these services to enable independent and parallel development between teams.
· You will work with architect to create a technical vision
· You will create and maintain automated tools that validates your service end to end along with appropriate performance consideration.
· You will build and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines that can be used to drive quality and consistency throughout the full software lifecycle.
· You will actively teach, mentor, and coach fellow engineers throughout the organization about design and development best practices and patterns. Through demonstrations and presentations, you will evangelize your team’s work to stakeholders and customers far and wide.
Who You’ll Work With
· You will work mostly with Architects and Engineers at all levels inside and outside of your immediate team – collaborating with whoever necessary to deliver customer value.
· You will work with Product and Engineering management and contribute to the formation of a product roadmap and technology strategy for your immediate team and the organization at large.
· You will work with Customer Success and Technical Assistance teams to support customer issues with top priority.
· You will work with the broader Cisco engineering peers in sharing and promoting best practices to up-level Cisco engineering excellence and reputation.
Who You Are
· You have 10+ years expertise in building applications and 3+ years mastery in Java/Node JS
· You have a 10+ years proven expertise in programming, in Java/Node JS/Scala
· You have min 2 years of experience with building micro services and pipelines for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery models.
· You keep abreast with the latest trends and technologies in design and development.
· You are highly skilled in building distributed/reactive system and reliable applications and you have credentials to prove that. For you, object-oriented design and functional programming styles and principles are second nature.
· You have the experience of designing multiple applications that are highly available.
· You wear a customer hat while designing interfaces and you are your own strongest critic.
· You provide well-designed APIs and message sinks for integration points between services; you know the value of API and message-driven data exchange as a means to decouple services and manage interdependencies in a productive way.
· You have burnt your fingers on using complex third-party software for your implementation.
· You are an addict to problem solving – only the hardest problems will satisfy you. You embrace the challenges of achieving the balance between scalability, consistency, and availability within a low latency, real-time operating environment.
· You can passionately turn a grand vision into a distinct reality.
· You have a strong exposure to any database and optimization of queries to fine-tune your application.
· Your understanding of security technology and challenges is a plus.