Job Id: 20200824016
Job Role: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Experience: 5+ Years
Job Location: Chennai
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Caterpillar Careers Recruitment 2020 Job Openings in Chennai Hiring for Software Engineer in August 2020:
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
• Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
• Five years or more of software development experience or at least one year of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Five years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or Scala or at least one year of experience in Java or Scala with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
Top candidates will also have:
• Proven experience in some of the following,
o Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
o Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
o Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
o Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
o Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS
o Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
• Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
o Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
o Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
o Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
o Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
o Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
o Test driven development and behavior driven development.
o Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
o Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
• Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
• Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field is required
Apply for Caterpillar Careers Recruitment 2020 Job Openings in Chennai Hiring for Software Engineer in August 2020:
Search in Google with below keywords
Caterpillar India Jobs
Caterpillar Careers India
Caterpillar Recruitment 2020
Caterpillar Walkins Interviews
Caterpillar job openings
Caterpillar job vacancy
apply for Caterpillar jobs
Caterpillar jobs for freshers