Job Id: 20201011020
Job Role: STAFF ACCOUNTANT – COST / DECISION SUPOORT
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Qualification: Requires a certified accountant (CA/CMA) with college degree in Accounting
Job Location: Chennai
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Caterpillar Careers Job Vacancies for Staff Accountant in October 2020:
To independently perform staff level accounting functions with respect to the business analysis of RIOP division of Caterpillar India Pvt Ltd. You will be exposed to variety of accounting functions and will accomplish a high level of compilation of data and detailed analysis of business unit results. The accountant identifies relevant data and data sources, gathers and analyses the information, and provides feedback. Typically, decisions will impact relatively low risk issues and will be reviewed by a supervisor.
From the outset, incumbent will be expected to be a contributing performer, doing staff level accounting work that supports business processes. Additionally, this position will:
- gain an understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures;
learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic accounting knowledge,
and provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group.
Job Related Statistics:
These are the wide range of accounting activities those are being performed at business unit level. Individual Job Duties/Responsibilities may include:
*MIS & Reporting: Preparation and submission of journal entries for monthly book closing of business unit, Support management in taking decisions in various projects and cost reduction programs. Cost analysis and cause of its variance compare to plan vs actual. Participate in business unit book closing and submission of all require input and reports to corporate and stake holders.
*Budgeting & Planning: Preparation of long term plan of company, annual budget and quarterly forecasting and detailed analysis of all value-added expenditure incur at facility.
- Inventory Accounting: Reporting of inventory metrics to leadership, timely and accurately all corporate submissions, preparing and submitting all journal entries related to inventory during books closing on a monthly basis. Calculation and reporting of Inventory aging, excess, surplus, obsolete etc. per CAT guidelines, analysing specific adjustments as needed and recommending necessary corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
*Capital Management: Capital budgeting process and its accurate accounting in the Capital Management System, prepare and evaluate accounting papers, evaluating the feasibility of projects by preparing discounting cash flow analysis (NPV & IRR).
*Financial Analysis: accomplish a high level of compilation with a broad range of accounting analysis, review data input, advise internal customers on accuracy of cost data, generate reports and provide commentary to leadership on costs accuracy, to serve as a cost governance person. Use of statistical tools – simulations will be required to support decision making. Analysis of P&L statement and balance sheet.
*Decision Support: Support management in taking costing decisions in various projects and cost reduction programs. Work with Auditors internal or external. Helping in estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions.
*Compliance and SOX: Providing support in SOX control function, helping in testing of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Fraud & Anti-bribery controls documentation. Support different functions of Inventory accounting.
*Performing Complex Staff Work: Provides technical guidance and expertise on highly complex accounting issues such as preparing financial results analysis for upper level management, providing forecast data, etc. Leads initiatives outside team to represent the group (e.g. documenting processes, making presentations).
The variety of accounting tasks ranges from low to medium complexity. Interaction outside the work group is typically with peers. As the Accountant gains experience, he/she will develop a technical understanding of more complex accounting issues and expand their decision-making capability.
Immediate Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- cost system maintenance
- normals and machine rate development
- abnormals identification & reporting
- prime product and/or component cost monitoring & analysis
- operations and/or product group budgeting and expense analysis
- capital expenditure forecasting and reporting
- standard and current cost grief resolution
- determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for low to medium complexity projects
- standard cost setting and analysis
*Requires a certified accountant (CA/CMA) with college degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of experience in Accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Good accounting background, thorough knowledge of accounting flow and related methods of recording in the General Ledger and knowledge in SAP environment (FI, MM & CO Module).
* Effective communications skills and a good understanding of computer systems especially in MS-Office and Financial Analytics Tool (Power BI, Tableau etc).