Lead – Big Data Developer
Sutherland is seeking an attentive and technical person to join us as Sr. Developer – BigData. The person should have hands-on experience in the Big Data tools, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Impala and ETL techniques and frameworks. We are a group of dynamic and driven individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
• Keep management updated: Should update the management on the status
• Impact the bottom line: Produce solid and effective strategies based on accurate and meaningful data reports and analysis and/or keen observations
• Define Sutherland’s reputation: Oversee and manage performance and service quality to guarantee customer satisfaction
• Strengthen relationships: Establish and maintain communication with clients and/or team members; understand needs, resolve issues, and meet expectations
• Take the lead: Able to debug the production issue quickly and provide the root cause analysis with resolution for the issue.
To succeed in this position, you must:
• This technical position will be responsible for development and on-going support of an enterprise data warehouse, data marts and supporting systems/applications.
• Implementing ETL process with multiple sources systems such as SQL, Oracle, Files, Mail etc.
• Develop efficient pig and hive scripts with joins on datasets using various techniques.
• Assess the quality of datasets for a hadoop data lake.
• Apply different HDFS formats and structure like Parquet, Avro, etc. to speed up analytics.
• Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
• Design and implement schemas of Hive and HBase within HDFS.
• Assign schemas and create Hive tables.
• Fine tune hadoop applications for high performance and throughput.
• Troubleshoot and debug any hadoop ecosystem run time issues.
• Support QA (resolve issues and release fixes) UAT and production support when required.
• Deployment and integration testing of developed components in Development and Test environments.
• Years of Experience: 6+
• Educational Qualification: B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A
• Knowledge of hadoop ecosystem and its components –HBase, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, etc.
• Know-how on the java essentials for hadoop.
• Know-how on basic Linux administration
• Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Perl.
• Good knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading concepts
• Experience with Spark
• Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
• Experience with Cloudera 6.0 and above versions
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good Communication skills
Apply for the Job