Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The Storage Operations Engineer will be responsible for the effective day-to-day deliveries of the Backup and Storage Infrastructure at a global level for Global Storage in conjunction with all BUs and functions across Barclays. The Global Storage team works along with Teams at various locations and supports BAU Operations, Changes, Upgrades, etc as per requirement. We expect you to possess DevOps mentality and help us to transform STORAGE function to agile way of working.
The Storage Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all services operated by Global Storage meets / exceeds client service levels. The Storage Operations Engineer will have a strong understanding of the storage technologies in place at Barclays and the services that storage underpins. The Storage Operations Engineer will use his knowledge to ensure all storage systems/solutions are available as per given measures.
What will you be doing?
• Incident/Change & Problem Management to ITIL standards.
• Perform activities such as Monitoring, Break-fix, troubleshoot issues happening on day-day basis.
• Provisioning, Decommissioning on various Enterprise and Mid-Tier Storage Infrastructure
• Controlled resolution of Incidents and Problems within agreed service levels, including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, identification and documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies
• Close liaison with other Infrastructure teams within or outside of Hosting Services.
• Post Incident Review (PIR) and Problem resolution meeting attendance providing input to resolutions
• Existing Storage environment configurations review in order to address issues proactively (Quality Assurance checks, vendor recommendation follow-up, etc.)
• Suggestions for any required infrastructure changes and or tuning to enhance performance.
• The role holder uses appropriate writing style and vocabulary ensuring complex technical concepts are understandable by the audience.
• Active Storage team representation at customer / supplier meetings
• Production of new documentation, training guides and presentations for internal teams & other team members as necessary during the course of the role holder activities
What we’re looking for:
• Understands the criticality of environment quickly with naming conventions used.
• Understands the alert weightage & work on them as priority.
• Must have Primary Skills – Hands on experience on SAN and NAS Technologies such as EMC VMAX, Isilon IBM SVC, XIV and Pure Storage.
• Should have working experience on provisioning, decommissioning, migrations, commissioning etc.
• Experience working on zoning on Brocade and Cisco Directors/switches.
• Should have sharp identification, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Should be able to open to learn new technology as per business requirement.
• Should be able to work with different storage vendors in coordinating & fixing issues.
• Should have experience handling Major Incident calls & working until RCA is known & fixed.
• Exposure on ticketing tools like Service Now.
• Monitor log files, performance issue for critical systems.
• Should have a good communication skill.
• Should be able to join and handle Major Incidents when required and should be able to efficiently manage Shift activities.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working exposure in Storage Operations of large environment
• Bachelor’s degree is must.
• Understanding & experience working on Windows & UNIX OS platforms.
• Ability to work effectively across time zones and geography
• Good to have Secondary Skills –experience on backup technology (IBM TSM) & knowledge on Virtualisation & Cloud technologies.
Apply for the Job