Job Id: 202104280010
Job Role: Senior Cloud Engineer
Experience: 5+ Years
Job Location: Pune, Coimbatore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Avantor Careers Job Vacancy for Senior Cloud Engineer in April 2021:
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and configure cloud solutions and cloud automation.
· Work closely with the Network and Security teams to architect, deploy and configure cloud connectivity, the underlying cloud foundation and cloud security layers (cloud accounts, network buildout, cloud subnetting, and security settings).
· Write and maintain scripts to increase efficiency and reduce human intervention.
· Build/manage CI/CD framework for CloudFormation activities.
· Manage and maintain cloud services and settings using cloud vendor console.
· Configure backup & disaster recovery and troubleshoots issues related to backup and DR.
· Support proof-of-concept initiatives in cloud “sandboxes” to address business challenges.
· Assist application teams to refactor and migrate applications to public cloud services.
· Identify cloud savings opportunities through improved configuration of existing systems.
· Monitor for and review alerts and notifications related to cloud service events.
· Adhere to and comply with change management processes and procedures.
· Assist with design and planning of cloud service offerings.
· Assist with setting processes and determining tools for enterprise service delivery.
· Advocate for cloud through participation and leadership in cloud center of knowledge and cloud ideation work-sessions.
· Support manager in streamlining processes for enterprise level service delivery.
· Support manager in developing technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations.
· Review new and emerging cloud offerings for enterprise fit and business use.
· Resolve cloud issues and participate in global incident management as needed.
· Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent education/experience
5+ years of experience in AWS is a must and overall 7+ years of experience in IT
Experience in Cloud migration, Cloud service implementation and troubleshooting is required
Very good experience with Linux & Windows OS and scripting in Python, YAML, JSON etc.,
Candidate with AWS certification is preferred
Microsoft Azure knowledge is nice to have
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong knowledge in development or and support of IaaS and PaaS cloud services in AWS
Thorough understanding of cloud (VPC, ALB/NLB, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, EC2, Cloud Security etc.,)
Knowledge of Cloud Orchestration, Automation, and Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation)
Highly skilled in scripting
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills