Job Id: 20201002002
Job Role: Energy Modelling Consultant
Experience: 3 Years
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering (PREFERRED), Electrical Engineering (PREFERRED), or Architecture);
Job Location: India
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Arcadis Careers Job Vacancies for Mechanical / Electrical Engineer in October 2020:
• Strong background within the built environment sector (3‐6 years) and preparing detailed Energy Models for building types including but not limited to offices, healthcare, education, multi-family and transit-oriented facilities.
• Confident working Knowledge of MEP, Construction Management and Design.
• Strong knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED v4.0 and 4.1 standards.
• At least 3 years’ experience of energy modelling using IES (preferable also with experience using other software packages).
• Able to carry out complex and full energy modelling services using IES VE and prepare strong reports to present modelling approach, results and recommendations.
• Confident in organising requests, gathering and interpreting project data from drawings / models, utility bills and on-site visits and clearly document all assumptions in reporting format.
• Has a record of successful LEED projects with ratings ranging from Certified to Platinum.
• Confident in reading and understanding project documentation of energy / sustainable design related systems & requirements related to calculations and standardized energy compliance templates.
• Able to undertake multiple models through iterative parametric modeling to demonstrate energy saving schemes associated with electrical and mechanical equipment, controls sequences, operating schedules, or other building components and quantify energy savings opportunities.
• Familiar with HVAC fundamentals and basic engineering analysis including thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and energy/mass balance equations
• Able to carry out daylighting / thermal comfort modelling and prepare reports.
• Able to interpret and correctly apply a variety of Green Building Referenced Standards & Codes (e.g. AHSRAE 90.1 2017).
• Interest and understanding in technologies such as underfloor air distribution, chilled beams, radiant flooring, thermal storage, geothermal, building automations systems, economizers, etc.
• Is currently a member of a Sustainability team.
• Able to undertake thorough quality control and review of models and reports prepared by others.
• Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP/Civil engineers.
• Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability.
Minimum Education Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering (PREFERRED), Electrical Engineering (PREFERRED), or Architecture);
Reports to Sustainability Team Lead
Certification LEED Accredited Professional with Specialty (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, etc) is required\ Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification preferred
Skills • Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast‐paced environment.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex ideas and processes through strong language and writing skills.
• Analytical skills for reviewing design and construction documents, technical data, regulations, standards and reports.
• Fluent written & spoken English.
Software Experience Must Have Experience in Revit, MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and IES VE energy simulation software necessary.
Software Experience Nice to Have OneClick LCA