Software Engineer – Search Data Aggregator (SDA) team
As a software developer on our team, you will propose ideas during consultations, design and write code to implement technical solutions to complex problems, analyze customer behavior and interact with members across multiple teams. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have improved customers experience and generated millions of dollars in revenue.
The Search Data Aggregator (SDA) team ensures that products are correctly indexed in Amazon’s search engine so that customers can find what they want. We are the crucial connection between Amazon’s immense and ever-changing product catalog and the search indexes that customers use to find those products. We’re involved whenever new kinds of products need to be added to the search index, and we help teams improve the way customers find what they’re looking for. We work to find new ways of improving the accuracy of the indexed data and to improve the efficiency of translating the item catalog into an indexable form.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· Exposure to highly available and scalable distributed systems.
· Exposure to Agile (Scrum) development methodologies.