Amazon’s Appstore Platform services are highly available, mission critical services, handling a very large number of transactions and having a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are excited about the opportunity to learn and work on large scale distributed systems, enjoy trouble shooting and solving complex problems, consider the opportunities at the Bangalore center. We are in the process of building a technology team which will be responsible for building, enhancing, monitoring and supporting the Appstore Platform Services.
· Experience scripting in modern program languages
· 4+ years of development or technical support experience
· Experience in Unix
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
•A technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
• 2 Yrs to 4 years experience
• Strong Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
• Ability to do scripting (any one of Shell, Perl, Python etc.) • Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with programming languages Java or C++ or C
• Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong understanding of support – tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
• A passion towards problem-solving
• Strong decision-making ability
• Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to details.
• Willing to work in 24×7 on-call support (on rotation basis)
• Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
Apply for the Job