Quality Operations Manager
Overall, the Quality Operations Manager will be responsible for executing the Quality strategy, enabling operations teams by doing a deep dive in gaps identified, improve coaching skills of team managers. Quality team will also support training team by way of need identification. He/she will also play a significant role in the development of a successful, effective quality team.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under management. Understands and demonstrates Amazon’s core values and Leadership Principles. Carries out supervisory and management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Mentors others in developing Leadership behaviors. Hires, manages, and develops high performing teams. Identifies individual strengths of team members and actively fosters career advancement within Amazon.
Actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday CS practices. Shapes the direction of the team, keeps them focused and motivated to deliver the right results. Combines a deep cross-functional business understanding with a long-term industry wide strategic context for all decision making. Understands how to position the organization for success. Effectively applies best practices to all strategic decisions. Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
Maintains a complete and thorough understanding of technical systems in a complex automated customer service center. Implements change or develop new processes as necessary to provide the ability to better service multiple work types. Continually measures and evaluates all work processes using Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and other improvement methods. This position requires a candidate who has the ability to dive deep to include root cause analysis and develop action plans in support of driving process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance based culture in an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Demonstrates ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication. Demonstrates emotional maturity and grace under pressure in all communications. Builds positive productive relationships with many stakeholders and partners around the world. Overcomes time zone and geographic distance to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies. Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business. Acts as the thought leader and strategist for Amazon’s Customer Service offerings and capabilities in the market. Develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the competitive position of the Company.
Demonstrates flexibility in work hours based on business need. Travel required as per the business need
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
· Overall 10+ years of experience in an operations or Quality role preferably should have led large teams in a contact center set up.
· The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to leadership, employee development, an understanding of Lean and Six Sigma, and a keen interest in and familiarity with technical systems, in addition to an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, and intelligence.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
· Demonstrated experience in managing quality/operations teams in a service environment.
· Demonstrated ability managing and developing large high performance teams of analysts/managers is required.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and build a multi-layered stakeholder connect model and consistently highlight quality team’s investments as a part of the business strategy
· Demonstrated experience in coaching and team development
· Command in Excel and other MS Office programs. Experience of reporting and data analytics
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· Clear and Logical thinking with an ability to deal with ambiguity
· Senior management leadership abilities and skill, such as the ability to build teams and manage operational, organizational and financial elements
· A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in operations, or a related field, is required. The ideal degree would be in engineering, operations, supply chain or a related field. An advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred (mathematics, stats, engineering, or science or an MBA).
· A Master’s Degree in Management is preferred
· 4 plus years’ experience with customer service
· Project Management experience
· Strong candidates may come from a background in operations in ITES/IT/ Hospitality/Retail /
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products skills
Apply for the Job