Job Id: 20201122018
Job Role: Network Development Engineer I
Experience: 8+ Years
Qualification: Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Amazon Jobs in Bangalore for Network Development Engineer in November 2020:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of networking, networking concepts and automation. They will have experience participating in proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality top-tier network escalation support for complex issues and drive the innovation for simplicity and sustainability of the Amazon’s Fulfilment Center Network worldwide. As a technical leader he/she will manage complex stakeholder relationships with both technical team and management. A passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required. High level of ownership and bias-for-action is required to be successful in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide on-shift network escalation support for critical and complex network issues
· Dive Deep on the high severity incidents and participate in root cause analysis
· Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
· Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
· Partner with our broader Technical operations organization to reduce operational burden
· Support in organizational transformation from reactive to proactive with focus on predictiveness
· Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
· Drive and support innovation for operational excellence. Identify and implement operational efficiency through tools and process optimization
· Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
· Monitor and manage technical communications during large-scale events
· Identify and dive deep on recurring issues and recommend preventative solutions
· Create and review documentation and process regarding issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
· Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
· Complete customer requests via trouble ticketing system
· Participate in hiring and developing the best
· Follow the existing change policies and create, review and execute complex changes. Develop and maintain change templates
· Be a part of Global support organization that provides 7X24 escalation support on shift rotation basis. Some night and week end support may be required
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
· 8+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments
· Knowledge and experience with LAN/WAN infrastructure
· Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
· Knowledge and experience with network security and various secured VPN technologies
· Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos
· Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment, DNS and DHCP
· Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming
· Knowledge in various end user devices and their network interactions
· Masters in CS or related degree (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
· CCIE (lab) or equivalent certifications
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS, etc.
· Experience with one or more of the following: router, server load balancer, and firewall vendor platforms: Cisco or Juniper.
· Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
· Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment. Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them; specifically Python, Perl, or Shell.
· Software development/programming experience