Job Id: 20201010001
Job Role: Database Migration Specialist
Experience: Relevant Experience
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best in Industry
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Job Description Amazon Jobs in Bangalore Job Vacancies for Database Migration Specialist in October 2020:
Database Migration Global Delivery (DMGD) team enables and supports global enterprises in their journey from on-premise database to AWS. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Bangalore and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
· Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
· Work directly with customers’ technical and business teams to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
· As a leader of the team/project, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, databases, and services on the AWS platform
· Help design and implement AWS RDS, Aurora and/or Redshift architectures and configurations for customer
· Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
· Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
· Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
· Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
· Automate solutions for repeatable problems
· Develop test plan to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services
· Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
· Travel to customer locations when required to sell and deliver professional services.
· 15 + years of experience in a technical position working for enterprise customers
· 10+ years of experience in database development/migration using PL/pgSQL
· 5 + years mentoring and leading a team
· 5+ years hands-on experience on PostgreSQL
· Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
· Proven expertise on architecture patterns and continuous improvement
· Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
· Experience in performance optimization techniques
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent
· AWS Solutions Architect Certified
· High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Scripting language (bash, Perl, python)
· Experience in Database Administration – backup/restore, replication, etc.
· Experience in ETL workflow management
· Experience in non-relational databases – DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
· Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions – Redshift, Greenplum, etc.