Business Development Manager-GlobalSellingIN, Emerging Markets
Amazon offers services to sellers in multiple countries to sell on Amazon marketplaces/websites globally and grow multi-channel commerce. See sell.amazon.com and services.amazon.in for details of products and services. We are looking for a Business Development Manager as part of the Global Selling (Exports) team within Amazon India. Amazon Global Selling is an important initiative to grow the Amazon Marketplace Seller Business around the world, with the India team focusing on helping Indian sellers list on other Amazon global marketplaces. This person will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of Amazon Services by Manufacturers and Exporters in India wishing to sell globally, and play a key role in influencing product selection on global Amazon marketplaces/websites. The objective of this position is to deliver on-going new business growth to Amazon’s suite of seller services. This business will play an important role in Amazon’s mission to be the place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy on Earth.
Working in a dynamic sales environment, the person will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, negotiating and closing agreements with third-party sellers. This positions’ success will be measured by the product selection and revenue your sellers bring to the platform. Responsibilities will include helping define key retailer segments & clusters to target, establishing seller relationships, and drive the day-to-day interactions with these companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and e-commerce challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions to sellers of all sizes.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Understand Amazon Global Selling products and services and be able to articulate its functions and benefits to external audiences.
· Track and report performance using appropriate metrics. Achieve productivity and seller satisfaction targets
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach, communicate the specific value proposition for their business and establish long-term, successful partnerships.
· Work closely with mid-level/senior executives at interested sellers to successfully negotiate deals and help in on-boarding.
· Seller recruitment, adding selection and managing revenues for the category/channel of sellers.
· Working with industry bodies, manufacturers, online sellers and negotiating terms of trade to get more business.
· Planning of investments in stocks and marketing from sellers to ensure seller success.
· 3+ years of sales experience
· Experience analyzing data and best practices to assess performance drivers
· Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce required.
· Experience of working in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction required.
· Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers. Must be metrics-driven.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
· Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is preferred with 2-5 years of relevant work experience
· Experience with cross border trade selling, e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage
· Previous responsibility for strategic development, sales & account management, revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable.
· Prior experience influencing C-level executive highly desirable
· Deep understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with prior interactions with sellers and distributors is desirable.
· Experience selling nascent (embryonic/start-up) products/services into new markets is desirable
Apply for the Job