AWS Customer Service – Regional Leader, India
AWS Customer Service is looking for a senior executive to join our leadership team to lead Customer Service for the India region. Located in Bangalore, India, you will drive the strategy and operations of our business across India partnering with AWS Support, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and other teams across AWS to produce customer service excellence for your region.
As a senior member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will also be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We are looking for a builder, and a hands-on leader who can influence and drive strong ownership for customers, including focusing on reducing customer effort by deeply understanding customer needs. You are the kind of leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has strong operational, leadership, and technical skills to set the vision and direction for the region. You will represent AWS as your team fields inquiries from customers who need help using AWS services. You’ll work directly with AWS engineering teams as well as product and service owners to drive tooling and process improvements to ensure a high quality, fast resolution customer experience. Your mission is to develop a world-class customer experience and set new standards for customer service in the Cloud.
Key Strategic Objectives:
· Drive strategic planning and execution.
· Lead and manage direct reports and a 400+ person team.
· Be responsible for the delivery of operational metrics and service levels across all contact types on your team.
· Advocate for AWS customers by understanding complex business processes within the AWS billing cycle, and lead reengineering of these processes to reduce customer effort.
· Be the Voice of the AWS Customer to ensure improvements are driven within service teams and with self-service capabilities within AWS.
· Drive customer communication during customer-impacting events (e.g., outages, billing issue, price changes, etc).
· Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within your organization and serving as a role model for the worldwide Customer Service network.
· Drive projects that improve customer support-related processes and our customers’ support experience.
· Work with other regional and site leaders who directly manage customer service teams to influence operational execution in a matrixed organization.
· Plan and conduct periodic business reviews with AWS teams to influence Leadership in AWS.
· Ensure AWS customer feedback is incorporated into business plans, product roadmaps and feature
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations and VP leadership to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion.
· Leader: Significant experience in leveraging and influencing cross-functional, global teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects.
· Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end projects, working through the many obstacles along the way. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves.”
· Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business, EHS and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary.
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges. The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree from an accredited university.
· 7+ years of experience in managing large scale operations (Customer Service or equivalent operational teams).
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, including English business-level verbal and written fluency.
· Ability to think strategically and creatively while executing methodically with a high bar and attention to detail, operational excellence, and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to communicate vision, drive execution, and work seamlessly with both technical teams and business teams.
· Possess exceptional people leadership and engagement skills and demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate large operations / technical teams.
· Balance innovative-thinking with a strong customer and quality focus.
· Experience handling large enterprise customer escalations.
· Experience in a metrics-based operational environment performing customer-focused analytics.
· Must be willing to travel up to 20%.
· MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing or Equivalent).
· Proven management experience in Contact Center Operations, Customer Service, or equivalent high-performance operational teams.
· Technical experience in AWS services.
· Experience in the IT industry.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment, to lead by influence and earn trust at all levels; ability to develop and implement operational processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams.
· Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, including taking initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
Apply for the Job