We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to join the Restricted Products (RP) India team. The Restricted Products (RP) team within STAR has a charter to protect Amazon customers from products that are illegal or otherwise prohibited or restricted by Amazon policies.
A day in the life
The RP team collaborates with Legal, tech and business stakeholders to ensure compliance to all corporate compliance program expectations and applicable regional laws. The Senior Program manager is required to support ongoing projects and improvement of systems supporting the Restricted Products team. As a part of this role, they influence behaviour, plan projects with legal and business partners, and inspire cross functional team commitments to meet Amazon quality standards, and maintain compliant operations of Restricted Products. The RP team creates a trustworthy customer experience across the, and the IN RP Senior Program manager drives strategic projects in IN and globally towards that vision.
About the hiring group
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing world‐class support, and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company
The Risk Manager is required to
1. Understand a broad range of risk techniques and methodologies and apply knowledge of the risk area to develop and maintain compliance programs with inputs from legal and business partners
2. Understand stakeholder needs, problems, known and unknown risks, and incorporate their context into project plans and risk related activities
3. Conduct risk assessments related to existing process and product assortments.
4. Recommend and design appropriate risk mitigation measures to corporate compliance, including process and system changes.
5. Drive productive discussions with stakeholders and team members, and escalate appropriately, both through verbal and written communication
6. Partner with Tech and Product teams to design innovative solutions to ensure customer safety and mitigate legal risks in changing landscapes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
6+ years of experience in program management
Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work under time pressure
Excellent organizational skills with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Demonstrate passion for problem solving and building innovative solutions
Experience developing and presenting to large groups (including senior executives), and comfortable discussing and defending ideas, both verbal and written
Willingness and ability to travel, including overseas
Basic Analytics: Ability to run basic SQL queries and dive deep in excel
Master’s degree in business
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant industries like Risk Advisory and Consulting, Fraud Investigations and Detection, Law, or IP protection
A globally approved certification in project management such as PMP
Knowledge of SQL to build data metrics independently
Knowledge of project tracking tools and building process workflows
Proven communication (both written and verbal), presentation and persuasion skills in English; demonstrated success in building buy-in for an innovative, bold, strategic vision
Demonstrated people skills, with ability to build trust and create and lead working groups to tackle complex issues
Apply for the Job