Business Intelligence Engineer
· In this role, the BIE will be responsible for leveraging data driven approach to proactively identify and quantify opportunities to improve the quality of Ebooks.
· Partner with technology leaders, program managers, operations leaders and other internal stakeholders globally to identify, quantify and solve for opportunities to improve Catalog Quality.
· Define, measure and present metrics / reports on different programs to Senior Level Management. Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use
· Helping operations with regular and ad hoc query/ data ETL jobs and work on simplifying/ standardizing operational metrics and reporting
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving, aggregating and synthesizing massive data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity. Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data. Drive insights and action we can take to improve the customer experience
· Analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
· Perform statistical tests to establish trends, patterns, seasonality.
· Propose optimal techniques to sample the massive product catalog for humans to audit different dimensions of data quality issues
· Establish relationship between output metric and its drivers in order to identify critical drivers and control the critical drivers so as to achieve the desired value of output metric.
· Communicate complex analysis, insights and recommendations to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
· 4+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, BI Engineer preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
· Proficient in SQL, (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift)
· Experience in data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Quicksight)
· Scripting knowledge in Python/R/Java
· Ability to understand complex business problems and translate them into clear and accurate results
· Ability to work with the Product & Tech team to understand the space & define the right metrics.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause/ analyses
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Data Engineers and BI Engineers to mine the right data sources efficiently and accurately
· Strong verbal and written communications skills at an executive level that enable you to explain complex insights with clarity and precision.
· 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, BI Engineer preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
· Experience working with both business and operations teams with deep experience on existing systems and data sources
· Experience developing Python applications in a production environment
· Track record of strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and contribute to documents
· Experience developing insights across various areas of customer-related data: financial, product, and marketing
· Experience in database management to support limited clusters for the organization
Apply for the Job