The mission of the Catalog Support and Programs (CSP) team is to provide a single point of contact for item-related problems and issues related to all retail and merchant catalog. As a member of Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team, you’ll play a key role in driving Amazon’s business. You will be responsible for monitoring the data flow as well as meeting ticket SLAs and driving rootcause resolution defects.
The Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems team is responsible for the systems that allow our business units to provide customers with the largest, highest quality, and most up to date selection in the world. You will play a key role in supporting our business teams worldwide by providing critical product support, carrying out data research, liaising with technology and other internal teams on workflow improvements, data interpretation and data improvements and help providing solutions that drive ongoing improvements to the quality of Amazon’s catalogs.
To meet these challenges we are looking for passionate, talented and super-smart support engineers (m/f). We are looking of people who innovate, love solving hard problems and never take no for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch engineers, who work hard, have fun and make history.
· Big Picture: You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
· Proactive: You display energy and initiative in solving problems. You follow all possible avenues to get the job done
· Adaptable: You undertake a variety of tasks willingly. You switch from complex to routine tasks when required. You adapt quickly to new technologies and products. · You work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles
· Quality: You demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness.
· Integrity: You act with personal integrity at all times
· Professional: You work within your team’s process. You confront problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. You have a positive, can-do approach to work
· 1+ year of development or technical support experience
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
· Experience scripting in modern program languages
For this position we expect:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
· Sharp troubleshooting and analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
· Professional experience of 0-2 years in Support environment.
· 1+ years of experience in Perl or shell scripts and a sound understanding of web technologies.
· Detailed knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and tools
· Proficient in Perl / C / C++ / Java
· Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
· Ability to understand and describe complex technical processes and issues
· Clear and effective communication & documentation skills
· Experience in coding or software development from scratch is a plus
· Experience in an international environment is a plus
Apply for the Job