Cloud Support Engineer – Deployment
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to create the most customer-centric company in the universe, a company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition as the global leader in Cloud technologies. As an increasing number of enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to help our customers navigate the operational challenges and complexities of cloud computing.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers as they build applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon who are developing these new capabilities. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in seven countries around the world, and are growing rapidly.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
· You will be working in day shift , we follow the “follow the sun model”
· Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept applications.
· Write and interpret configuration scripts for customer environments to install programs, configure logging, and modify configuration files.
· Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggest fixes.
· Apply troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions depending on customer use cases.
· Leverage your experience to work with internal AWS teams on improving our services.
· Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
· Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or previous computer engineering or software engineering experience.
· 3+ years of experience in a technical position.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills – customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
· Excellent customer support skills & strong problem solving skills
· Proficient with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or in any unix flavors
· Basic understanding with kubernetes, docker or containers ecosystem in general.
· Experience with networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, DHCP ,TCP/IP etc.
· Demonstrated experience in Linux OS and network troubleshooting.
· Good understanding of cloud and virtual infrastructure like VM, Hypervisor etc.
· Any scripting language experience
· Familiarity with automation & any version control tools ( Chef , Puppet , Git etc)