Big Data Systems Dev Engineer II – AWS EMR
The EMR team is looking for experienced, passionate and talented engineers to innovate in the rapidly growing area of big data and integrate the latest in big data technology applications into a massively scaled distributed service.
Utilize your domain expertise in big data to support EMR’s Hadoop application stack (Hadoop, YARN, and other associated applications like Hue, Oozie, Pig, etc). You will work on open source currency (new OSS updates), sustenance engineering (customer escalations, backports for security and critical data error issues) and feature improvements (performance improvements, incremental features). The ideal candidate in this role will have experience supporting and enhancing large complex products, engaging with enterprise customers, and (preferably) working in the OSS/Hadoop domain.
· Are passionate about distributed processing and massive scaled applications
· Enjoy using and participating in development of open source applications
· Enjoy working with the latest software technologies and paradigms
· Are eager to be an early adopter of emerging big data applications
· Are comfortable with continuous integration workflows and tools like git, jenkins and gradle
· Are comfortable with Java and digging into any programming language in order to understand the internals of an application
· Are at ease with Linux troubleshooting and bash scripting and can do wonders with a single command
· Are comfortable with OS-specific packaging such as rpm/dpkg
· BS Computer Science or other relevant technical degree and/or related experience.
· Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Flink, Pig, Hue or related projects
· Experience with Java or Scala build systems: maven, ant, sbt and gradle.
· Java or similar language development experience.
· Strong understanding of distributed systems and distributed computation.
· Deployment automation experience with scripting, chef, puppet, etc.
· Linux and RPM packaging experience.
· Experience with virtualized environments and cloud services such as AWS
· Ability to communicate comfortably, at different levels, with different stakeholders
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Experience with Apache Hadoop ecosystem applications: Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, Zeppelin and more!
· Strong Java development experience.
· Experience building and operating at scale on AWS
· Commits or contribution via code or technical guidance to Apache Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Flink, Pig, Hue or related big data projects.
· Significant contribution to development for applications or services with a large user base
Apply for the Job